Careers at SLM Group
We are currently recruiting for the positons below, if a role sounds like it is just what you are looking for, please download the SLM application form and forward along it along with your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are always happy to hear from people who wish to work for our skilled and enthusiastic team. If you would like to send us your C.V, we are happy to hold this on file, should a suitable vacancy arise in the future.
Parts Delivery Driver - Group
Overview of role
A rare opportunity has arisen for a customer-focused, highly-organised Parts Delivery Driver to join our team. We expect every colleague to have high levels of integrity, be passionate about their role and take ownership of their customers’ needs in line with our core values. We are looking for someone that has a desire to succeed, has outstanding communication and influencing skills and also possesses a proven track record of success. Working hours are Monday to Friday 8am until 5pm and alternate Saturdays 8am until 1pm.
Duties, Responsibilities & Person Specification
- To deliver parts to our trade customer’s business address, ensuring the collection and / or completion of all paperwork required
- To receive and receipt for the collection of payments from customers where required
- To ensure that vehicles used for delivery are kept in a clean, safe, roadworthy condition and serviced with accordance with manufacturers specifications
- To keep the ‘Drivers’ Log’ up to date
- To ensure all dealings with customers are handled courteously
- To make deliveries and collections for the business needs when required
- Checking off deliveries from our Manufacturers, making sure all is correct and reporting any discrepancies.
- Picking of parts to match invoices before delivering to our Trade partners throughout Norfolk and Suffolk
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience of delivering motor vehicle parts preferred
- Have a full, clean UK driving licence and a good local knowledge of the road and motorway networks
- Be able to comply with all company and manufacturer’s disciplines and procedures
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
If you would like further information about this vacancy please contact Clare Harper, Human Resources Manager on 01603 480008 or email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Qualified Service Technician - Attleborough
A rare opportunity has become available to join our team in Attleborough.
The Service Technician will work to properly diagnose, repair and maintain customer vehicles, to the highest standards in regard to the Toyota franchise.
- Efficiently and accurately perform quality repair work in accordance with dealership's and manufacturers standards
- Complete system diagnostics and full automotive troubleshooting and testing
- Consistently perform quality Visual Health Checks and customer videos, in order to report on repairs and maintenance items
- Maintain an organised and neat workshop area
- Road-test vehicle to ensure quality repair work was completed
- Proper preparation and completion of repair order documentation
- Comply with all company safety policies and procedures
- Communicate directly with workshop manager regarding the status of the service work as well as the estimated time for completion so that customers can be informed
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to stay abreast with rapidly changing automotive technology
Please submit your up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org ensuring you include all your contact details, including your mobile phone number, postcode and your email address.
Apprentice Light Vehicle Technician - Attleborough
Here at SLM Toyota Attleborough we are looking for an enthusiastic Apprentice Technician to join the team. If you are interested in starting a career in mechanics, this could be the perfect opportunity to learn and develop with Toyota.
The opportunity is in conjunction with the official Toyota Apprentice Programme. As an apprentice, you will receive the best vocational training at the Toyota Apprentice Academy, whilst also being employed at our dealership, where you will put your learning and skills into practice in our workshop. No previous experience is necessary but the right candidate must have a keen interest in the motor industry and be enthusiastic, hard working and willing to learn many new skills.
Your duties will include:
- Performing foundation tasks that are typical to all servicing and repair procedures.
- Upholding a safe and efficient environment, by following the Health and Safety processes, accurate record keeping, and standardised workshop practices.
- Accessing and applying information such as wiring diagrams, technical data, and vehicle repair information.
- Using complex equipment such as diagnostic, mechanical, and, electrical measuring tools.
- Inspecting and preparing vehicles to high standards before giving to customers.
- Perform service and maintainenance tasks without supervision.
- Removing and repairing or replacing components according to manufacturer’s specification.
- Investigate vehicle faults and identify their underlying causes.
- Implement advanced diagnostic principles, logical problem solving techniques, diagnostic tools, and standard testing regimes, to find mechanical and electrical faults.
We are also looking for the following qualities:
- An interest in the motor industry and vehicle technology
- Team work and strong communication skills
- Patience and excellent customer service abilities
- A positive, can-do attitude with GCSE qualifications in Maths, English and ICT
If you think you have the relevant qualities for the apprenticeship, we'd love to hear from you. Please apply for the position by clicking here and filling out the form.
Bodyshop Technician - Lowestoft
Are you driven to succeed?
A rare opportunity has become available to join our team in Lowestoft as a Bodyshop Technician.
Reporting to our Bodyshop Manager you will perform automotive body and related repairs, straightening bent bodies, removing dents, and replacing damaged parts that cannot be repaired.
With AWA accreditation and the ability to do MET work.
Key Job Areas: